Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (20413)
Who should attend
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience. This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise AD DS infrastructure including the network services necessary. Students have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)certification or equivalent skills. This course is also intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure certification.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 and AD DS. For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Ability to work in a team or a virtual team.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 MCSA.
This 5-day instructor-led course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, and deploy a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure. The course also provides the skills to perform name resolution, application integration, optimization of automate remediation, and maintenance of network services. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan a server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution.
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design and implement an Active Directory organizational unit infrastructure.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Design and implement an AD DS topology.
- Plan and implement storage.
- Plan and implement file services.
- Design and implement network access services.
- Design and implement network protection.
Follow On Courses
- Module 1: Planning a Server Upgrade and Migration
- Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
- Module 3: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
- Module 4: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Module 5: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Module 6: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Organizational Unit Infrastructure
- Module 7: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Module 8: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Topology
- Module 9: Planning and Implementing Storage
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing File Services
- Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
- Module 12: Designing and Implementing Network Protection
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.