Red Hat Security and Server Hardening + EX413 (RH414)
Red Hat Security and Server Hardening with exam (RH414) builds on your Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience to provide an understanding of how to secure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® system to comply with security policy requirements.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4. This course includes !RH-RH413 and Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening Exam (EX413).
Who should attend
- Needs technical guidance on how to enhance the security of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Responsible for implementing security policy requirements on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems consistently and in a reproducible, scalable way
- Must be able to demonstrate that systems meet security policy requirements
- Maintains continued adherence to security requirements, including management of security-critical operating system/software updates
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)–level skills highly recommended
- Be certified as an RHCE or Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- If you have not earned RHCSA or RHCE certifications, confirmation of the required knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to ensure data integrity on computer systems for organizations with high security standards.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to recognize security vulnerabilities in system configurations and installed packages. You should be able to understand and respond to Common Vulnerabilities and Exposure (CVE) and Red Hat Security Advisory (RHSA) reports.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Deploy identity management to facilitate user account security policies
- Implement system auditing and logging based on system and user security policies
- Recognize, understand, and apply relevant errata to maintain system integrity
Follow On Courses
Many security policies and standards require systems administrators to address specific user authentication concerns, application of updates, system auditing and logging, file system integrity, and more. Red Hat Security and Server Hardening provides strategies for addressing specific policy and configuration concerns. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Server Security and Hardening exam (EX413), which is included with this version of the course.
Course content summary
- Review errata and apply them to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Use special permissions and file system access control lists.
- Manage users and password-aging policy requirements.
- Install and configure Red Hat Identity Management tools.
- Understand system auditing.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date