Isilon Administration and Management (MR-1CP-ISIAM)
Who should attend
This course is for Isilon customers, EMC customers, and Isilon partners only. Persons who will be administering the Isilon Scale-out Storage Platform would benefit from this class.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student should have a basic understanding of traditional storage environments, networking and general system administration knowledge and skills associated with the following:
- RAID and data protection
- Data protection
- Basic understanding of the purpose of metadata/inodes
- Network throughput
- Understanding the difference between throughput and IOPS
- Access to Windows and UNIX file shares
- Basic understanding of permission at both the share and file level
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Build and configure an Isilon cluster.
- Create shares and build security.
- Integrate an Isilon cluster with Active Directory, LDAP and NIS.
- Understand how data is protected and how an Isilon cluster handles hardware failures.
- Configure snapshots and understand the space they use.
- Configure quotas and control the associated notifications.
- Configure Isilon SmartConnect to have clients connect via a simple DNS name.
- Configure SyncIQ to replicate data from one cluster to another.
- Upgrade a cluster to newer versions of the OneFS® operating system.
Duration 5 days
- Australia: US$ 5,000.-