Who should attend
- A senior Linux system administrator who requires networking and security administration skills.
- A Linux IT professional who currently has an RHCT or RHCSA certification and is interested in earning an RHCE certification.
- A Linux IT professional who can demonstrate the competencies needed to earn an RHCSA.
- ! or the combination of ! and ! courses
- Equivalent experience to the !
- Skills required to earn an RHCT/RHCSA certification
Red Hat System Administration III with RHCSA and RHCE Exams (RH255) is designed for experienced Linux® administrators who require networking and security administration skills. With a heavy emphasis on practical, hands-on labs, focus is placed on enhancing automation skills to securely configure, deploy, and manage network services including DNS, Apache, SMTP, and network file sharing. In addition, this course emphasizes security, including monitoring, packet filtering, access controls, and SELinux.
At the completion of this course, students already familiar with the Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)/Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) administration skills will have exposure to all competencies tested by the RHCSA and Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) exams. This class includes the RHCSA and the RHCE exams.
Follow On Courses
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210)
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam (RHCE) (EX300)
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Linux Performance Tuning Exam (EX442)
- Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
- Red Hat High Availability Clustering (RH436)
- Enhancing user security
- Disk management with Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)
- System and network activity monitoring
- Network management and packet filtering
- Software management
- Web service management
- File sharing across platforms
- Basic SMTP management