Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.
Who should attend
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services, deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift, test the containerized version, and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
Follow On Courses
- Containerizing Software Applications (DO276)
- Containerizing Software Applications + EX276 (DO277)
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280)
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster with Exam (EX280) (DO281)
- Red Hat OpenShift Developer II: Building Kubernetes Applications (DO288)
Introduce and review the course.
Get started with container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.