Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
Who should attend
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
- System administrators interesting in earning a Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- RH133 Red Hat Linux System Administration or equivalent experience with Linux
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows® operating systems beneficial, but is not necessary for this course.
Note:Students who complete this course are prepared to take the EX318 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Virtualization (RHCVA) certification exam.
Students acquire the skills and knowledge to deploy and centrally manage Red Hat virtualization technologies in the enterprise. Upon completion of RH318, students will have the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux and Microsoft® Windows® virtual machines hosted on either Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers or dedicated hypervisor nodes using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
Virtualization lets users to make the most out of their IT environments by allowing a single server to run mul- tiple server or desktop operating systems. As a leader in open source software, Red Hat® has expanded choice in the virtualization industry with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization — an open source virtualization alternative for enterprises.
To help system administrators deploy and manage their virtual environment, Red Hat offers its Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318) course. The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization course (RH318) arms professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy and manage Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization technologies. This extensive hands-on training course explores the virtualization features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® with the advanced Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform1. Unit 1: Introduction to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform overview
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform demo
- x86 Virtualization
- Introduction to KVM
Unit 2: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 Hosts
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 hosts in the data center
- Using live-CD tools
Unit 3: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform Hypervisor
- Architecture overview
- Deployment modes
- Installation and configuration
- Kernel command line parameters/automated installs
- Boot process
- Configuration persistence
Unit 4: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform Architecture
- Physical resources
- Virtual resources
- Data center creation examples
- Populating ISO library
Unit 5: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform Manager
- Management console demonstration
- Management console installation process
- Management console post-installation
Unit 6: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform Virtual Server
- New virtual server
- Creating your first VM
- Editing VM properties
- VM live migration
Unit 7: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform Image Management
- VDSM and vdsClient
- Log collection
- Upgrade and re installation
Unit 8: Advanced topics and labs
- Hands-on labs and exercises
- Two workstation per student
- Student materials, study aids, and handouts
RED HAT ENTERPRISE VIRTUALIZTION CERTIFICATION To compliment the RH318 course, Red Hat offers a certification designed for system administrators- the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA). Professionals earning the RHCVA credential have the demonstrated skills and abilities to successfully manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
The RHCVA is the only performance-based certification in its category, continuing the Red Hat tradition of benchmarking the skills of IT professionals through hands-on skills assessments. To earn the RHCVA credential, students participate in a hands-on, half-day exam (EX318).
Duration 4 days
- Singapore: 3,500.— SGD