- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- New Courses
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Digital Learning Solutions
- iTLS Academy»
- IT Training by ITLS»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Centre»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
A Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) is a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who possesses the additional skills, knowledge, and abilities required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux® systems.
An RHCE is capable of RHCSA tasks plus the following:
- Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
- Setting kernel runtime parameters
- Configuring an Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) initiator
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP)
The following audiences may be interested in earning RHCE:
- RHCSAs who wish to earn a more senior-level credential.
- Experienced senior system administrators who have not yet certified.
- Course participants in Red Hat Training who have completed System Administration I, II, and III, or who have completed the RHCE Rapid Track Course.
- Experienced system administrators who require certification for their job or by mandate (e.g., US Department of Defense Directive 8570).
Recommended training for this certification
Windows system administrators with minimal Linux experience:
Linux or UNIX administrators with 1-3 years of experience: