The Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.6 course shows you how to implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco® MDS 9000 Series Switches, to build highly available, scalable storage networks. Through expert instruction and extensive hands-on practice, you will learn how to deploy and use capabilities such as Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSANs), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV) fabric security, zoning, automation with NX-API, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and more. You will learn how to configure and implement platform features and learn troubleshooting techniques pertaining to Fibre Channel (FC) domains, firmware upgrades, zones, and zone mergers. This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (300-625 DCSAN), which leads to CCNP Data Center and the Certified Specialist - Data Center SAN Implementation certifications.
This course will help you:
- Learn how to deploy and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus® 9000 Series Switches to support performance, resiliency, scalability, and enhanced operations for data centers
- Gain knowledge and skills through Cisco’s unique combination of lessons and hands-on practice using enterprise-grade Cisco learning technologies, data center equipment, and software
- Succeed in today’s demanding data center operations roles
- Earn 40 CE credits toward recertification
What to expect in the exam This exam certifies your knowledge of Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches including deployment, implementation, management and monitoring, and troubleshooting. After you pass 300-625 DCSAN:
- You earn the Cisco Certified Specialist - Data Center SAN Implementation certification.
- You will have satisfied the concentration exam requirement for new CCNP Data Center. To complete your CCNP Data Center certification, pass the Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (350-601 DCCOR) exam or its equivalent.
The DCMDS course is part of Cisco Black Belt Academy Aligned Content. It belongs to the stage: Black Belt MDS Deployment/ Support Stage-2.
Who should attend
- Technical decision makers
- Network architects
- Data center systems engineers
- Field engineers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
- Basic routing and switching knowledge
The following course may help you meet these prerequisites:
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Discover and describe the Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) platform of multilayer switches and directors.
- Provisioning Cisco MDS Switches
- Describe key product features of the MDS platform
- Describe and implement automation an Cisco MDS Switches
- Configure and implement the Cisco MDS switches and platform features
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot FC domains, zones and zone merges, and switch boot and firmware upgrades