The Implementing Cisco Catalyst 9000 Switches (ENC9K) v3.0 course introduces you to the architecture, capabilities, and implementation of the Cisco® Catalyst® 9000 switching platform. This hands-on course covers many features of this Cisco IOS® XE platform and describes how to manage devices from a single dashboard called Cisco DNA Center™. You will learn how to use the Cisco Catalyst 9000 family of switches to enable Software Defined Access (SD-Access) and provide end-to-end security and automation with centralized management using Cisco DNA Center.
How you'll benefit
This course will help you:
- Prepare for successful deployment of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Understand the role of Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches in the SD-Access fabric
- Learn to provision Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches using Cisco DNA center as the orchestration platform
- Gain hands-on practice through in-depth lab exercises
Who should attend
- Network designers
- Network managers
- System engineers
You are expected to have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Cisco CCNP® certification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of configuring LAN routing and switching with Cisco Catalyst switches
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS XE operating system
- Familiarity with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Familiarity with using network management software
- Familiarity with Cisco Intent-based networking and policy-based management automation technologies
The following Cisco offerings can help you prepare for this course:
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Review the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches identify the switches’ features and examine the functionalities purpose-built for Cisco DNA and the SD-Access solution.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switch architecture, model types, port types, uplink modules, components including power supplies, and other switch features and capabilities.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switch architecture, model types, port types, uplink modules, and components, including power supplies and stacking cables.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches, different modular chassis, supervisor and line card options, architectural components, uplink, and power redundancy, and Multigigabit ports
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches, model types, switch components, RFID support, architecture, and switch profiles.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switch architecture, supervisor and line card options, and high availability features.
- Position the different Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch model types in the network, and map older Cisco Catalyst switches to the 9000 family for migration.
- Examine management capabilities of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches deployed in a Cisco StackWise Virtual environment and an SD-Access fabric.
- Describe the new Cisco IOS XE software management, patchability, and Graceful Insertion and Removal (GIR) features on the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent using the Docker environment on the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series switches.
- Describe the scalability and performance features supported by the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch support for security, Quality of Service (QoS), and Internet of Things (IoT) convergence features.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series support for cloud hosting and connectivity, along with automation features.
- Explore the SD-Access solution fundamentals, deployment models for the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch, and the use of Cisco DNA Center to manage infrastructure devices.