Cisco announced at the beginning of 2021 that the currently most common wireless solution AireOS will be discontinued and replaced by the IOS XE 9800 technology. Users around the world are asking how to make the transition smoothly. We offer a unique training to assist in planning and migrating AireOS WLCs to the new IOS XE 9800 series WLCs.
Our workshop gives attendees a comprehensive look at different methods of migrating from the Cisco AireOS world to the new C9800 / IOS-XE environment. It includes many hands-on lab exercises with current hardware such as Cisco Catalyst 3650 switches, Catalyst 9120 and Aironet 3800 access points, Catalyst 9800-CL WLC, Cisco AireOS 3504 WLC and vWLC, Prime Infrastructure 3.9, ISE 2.7, Windows 10 Wireless /Wired Clients, Windows DC Server and others.
Each participant is provided with his own rack with four wireless LAN controllers consisting of two Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL wireless LAN controllers and two AireOS WLCs and the complete components mentioned above. The latest and most stable software versions (IOS-XE: 16.12.4a and AireOS: 8.10.130) will be used and configured.
Our lab is constantly updated and offers you the latest features.
Who should attend
- Experienced network engineers planning to migrate from AireOS (2504, 5508, 5520, 8510, 8540, vWLC) to the new IOS XE 9800 series WLCs
- Newcomers to the Cisco wireless world with the new WLC portfolio (IOS XE via CLI and GUI from initial setup to commissioning and maintenance).
- Network teams planning a move from "old school wireless" to "802.11ax and Wi-Fi 6".
- Network fundamentals
- Basic routing and switching skills
- Experience with Cisco AireOS
- Experience with Cisco IOS or IOS XE
- Basics knowledge of troubleshooting
Upon completion of our workshop, you will have the following knowledge:
- Basic operating principles and features of the Cisco Catalyst 9800 Cotroller.
- Basic operating principles and features of the Cisco AirOS WLC
- Basic changes in configurations and concepts.
- Setup and initial configuration, commissioning, and access point connectivity.
- Migration from AireOS to C9800 via Prime Infrastructure
- Migration from AireOS to C9800 via Cloud Config Translator
- Migration from AireOS to C9800 via Config Translator in C9800
- Basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting
- Backup and recovery
- Software update
- Archiving and configuration recovery
Follow On Courses
This hands-on workshop gives participants a comprehensive look at Cisco AireOS and IOS XE and the new wireless LAN technologies.
- Initial Setup AireOS WLC
- Initial Setup C9800
- Advanced Configuration AireOS WLC
- Advanced Configuration C9800
- Management AireOS WLC via Prime Infrastructure
- Management C9800 via Prime Infrastructure
- Migration AireOS to C9800 via Prime Infrastructure
- Migration AireOS to C9800 via C9800 Config Translator Tool
- Migration AireOS to C9800 via Cisco Cloud Config Translator Tool
- Non-disruptive Software Updates
- Rolling AP upgrades
- Handling of modern access point models (C9120 and Air2800 or Air4800)
- VM-ware operation option (C9800-CL)