This training course builds on the networking concepts covered in the Architecting with Google Compute Engine course. Through presentations, demonstrations, and labs, participants explore and deploy Google Cloud networking technologies. These technologies include: Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks, subnets, and firewalls, Interconnection among networks, Load balancing, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, Cloud NAT. The course will also cover common network design patterns.
Who should attend
This course is intended for the following participants:
- Network engineers and administrators who are using the Google Cloud console or are planning to do so
- Individuals who want to be exposed to software-defined networking solutions in the cloud.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- course (or equivalent experience)
- Networking Fundamentals in Google Cloud quest (or equivalent experience)
- Prior understanding of the 7 layer OSI model
- Prior understanding of IPv4 addressing
- Prior experience with managing IPv4 routes
- Configure Google VPC networks, subnets, and routers, and control administrative access to VPC objects.
- Route traffic by using DNS traffic steering.
- Control access to VPC networks.
- Implement network connectivity between Google Cloud projects.
- Implement load balancing.
- Configure connectivity to Google Cloud VPC networks.
- Configure private connection options to provide access to external resources and services from internal networks.
- Identify the best Network Service Tier for your needs.