IBM Agent Builder 6.3.4 (TV384G)
Who should attend
This intermediate course is for agent developers, system administrators, and application administrators who need to create agents to gather custom data and integrate that data into either an IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.x, IBM Monitoring 8.x on-premises, or IBM Monitoring 8.x software-as-a-service environment.
Before taking this course, you should have the following skills:
- Basic understanding of Windows data sources, including WMI, Perfmon, Windows logs, Windows services, and Windows processes
- Basic understanding of multiplatform data sources, such as SNMP, JMX, processes, scripts, commands, and log files
- Administrator-level skills in either of the following monitoring environments: - IBM Monitoring 8.x on premises or IBM Monitoring 1.2.x software-as-a-service - IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.x, including creating queries, situations, Navigators, and workspaces
- Experience installing, configuring, starting, and stopping agents and application support in either of the following monitoring environments: - IBM Monitoring 8.x on premises or IBM Monitoring 1.2.x software-as-a-service - IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.3
- Administrator-level skills in Windows and Linux
This course teaches you how to use the IBM Agent Builder software to create, modify, debug, and package agents for use with IBM Performance Management and IBM Tivoli Monitoring products. You create agents that monitor many different data sources. You learn to mix, match, and manipulate monitored data to create custom data points to monitor. You also learn to add custom components specific to the different IBM monitoring environments. IBM Agent Builder can create custom agents for both the IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.x and IBM Performance Management 8.x on-premises and SaaS environments. This course is applicable to students from either environment, and a single class might have students from each environment.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date