Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions (20535)
NOTE: This course and associated exam will retire on December 31, 2018. Please consider instead the Azure Administrator, Azure Developer and Azure Solutions Architect training courses and certifications
This course is intended for architects who have experience building infrastructure and applications on the Microsoft Azure platform. Students should have a thorough understanding of most services offered on the Azure platform. The students typically work for organizations that have an active solution on Azure and are planning to enhance existing solutions or deploy more solutions to the Azure platform. This course also is intended for architects who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-535, Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions.
Who should attend
This course is intended for students who have experience building infrastructure and applications on the Microsoft Azure platform. Students should have a thorough understanding of most services offered on the Azure platform.
For the interactive component, this course offers students the opportunity to deploy Azure solutions using built-in DevOps tools such as Azure Resource Manager templates, deployments, resource groups, tags and Role-Based Access Control.
This course does not require any direct experience writing application code or configuring server machines. This course focuses on the architectural comparisons between services and technical decision making needed to deploy well-designed solutions on the Azure platform. This course also prepares the students for the 70-535: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
The candidates targeted by this training have intermediate experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the tools, techniques, and approaches used to build solutions on the Azure platform.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Create resources and resource group in Azure.
- Manage users, groups, and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Build an Azure Virtual Machine with related resources.
- Manage containers and blobs stored in an Azure Storage account.
- Create App Service Plans and manage apps related to the plan.
- Configure an Azure Virtual Network and enable S2S and P2S connectivity.
- Protect networked application components using Network Security Groups.
- Automate everyday Azure resource tasks using Azure CLI or Azure PowerShell.
- Deploy an Azure SQL, MySQL, Postgres or Cosmos database instance.
- Monitor existing Azure solutions using built-in metrics, Application Insights, or Operational Insights.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Create and deploy Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates for various all-up solutions.
- Compare and contrast various infrastructure, serverless, database and communication services; such as App Services, Virtual Machine Scale Sets, Azure Cosmos DB, SQL Database, and Container Service in Azure.
- Incorporate various Azure platform services, such as Cognitive Services and Media Servicers into an overall Azure solution.
- Secure, monitor and backup solutions deployed to Azure.
- Create automated DevOps solutions using a combination of ARM templates, configuration management utilities, Azure CLI, and the Cloud Shell.
- Application Architecture Patterns in Azure
- Deploying Resources with Azure Resource Manager
- Building Azure IaaS-Based Server Applications
- Creating Managed Server Applications in Azure
- Authoring Serverless Applications in Azure
- Backing Azure Solutions with Azure Storage
- Comparing Database Options in Azure
- Networking Azure Application Components
- Managing Security and Identity for Azure Solutions
- Integrating SaaS Services Available on the Azure Platform
- Integrating Azure Solution Components using Messaging Services
- Monitoring and Automating Azure Solutions
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.