In this course, you increase your proficiency as a NetApp® ONTAP® software engineer by learning how to troubleshoot ONTAP environments. Specifically, you learn how to troubleshoot the management component, scale-out networking, NAS protocols (NFS), and SAN protocols. From lectures, demonstrations, and active exercises, you learn how to isolate issues, verify configurations, view logs, view trace messages, and use event management system (EMS) messages for troubleshooting.
Please note only NetApp Partners can register to attend this course.
Who should attend
NetApp Technical Support engineers, Support Services Certified partner engineers, and Professional Services engineers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- A working knowledge of ONTAP software and NAS and SAN protocols
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Identify the different software components in the ONTAP architecture.
- Analyze the methodologies for troubleshooting management component applications, networks, and protocols.
- Use troubleshooting workflows to identify failure symptoms, determine potential causes, and resolve issues.
- Use debugging commands, logs, and tools to identify, isolate, and fix complex technical issues that involve different core components.
- Analyze the health of a cluster and summarize the results.
- Identify issues with the management component.
- Use administrative commands to verify the configuration of NFS and SAN environments.
- Use the troubleshooting methodology for NAS and SAN protocols to define and isolate issues.
- Locate logs for the management component, network, NFS, SMB, and iSCSI protocols.
- Collect data for support cases.