This course is part of the following Certifications:
To be successful, students should have a solid understanding of the following courses:
- What is Splunk?
- Intro to Splunk
- Using Fields
- Introduction to Knowledge Objects
- Creating Knowledge Objects
- Creating Field Extractions
- Splunk Enterprise System Administration
- Splunk Enterprise Data Administration
- Splunk Cloud Overview and migration
- Managing user authentication and authorization in Splunk
- Managing Splunk indexes
- Configuring Splunk forwarders for Cloud
- Configuring inputs to Cloud, including API, Scripted, HEC and Application based inputs
- Exploring GDI performance considerations
- Installing and Managing applications
- Problem isolation and working with Splunk Cloud support
This 9-hour virtual course is for experienced on-prem administrators and anyone needing to ramp-up on Splunk Cloud to get more knowledge and experience of managing Splunk Cloud instances.
The course discusses the differentiators between on-prem Splunk and the different Splunk Cloud offerings. Modules include topics on how migrate data collection and ingest from on-prem Splunk to Splunk Cloud as well as highlighting Splunk Cloud specific differences and best practices to manage a productive Splunk SaaS deployment. For Splunk Administrators who have undertaken the System and Data Administration learning pathways, this course highlights key differences between Splunk Enterprise deployed on-premises and Splunk Enterprise Cloud to allow to ramp up their data and system management skills to transition to Splunk Cloud. The hands-on lab provides access to and experience of managing a Splunk Cloud instance.
Note: Splunk Cloud Administration and Transitioning to Splunk Cloud SHOULD NOT be taken together as both are designed to develop Splunk Cloud specific skills and as such there is some overlap.
Please note that this course may run over two days, with 4.5 hour sessions each day.