To be successful, students should have a solid understanding of the following modules:
- Splunk Fundamentals 1 (Retired)
- Splunk Fundamentals 2 (Retired)
Or the following single-subject modules:
- ES concepts, features, and capabilities
- Security monitoring and Incident investigation
- Use risk-based alerting and risk analysis
- Assets and identities overview
- Creating investigations and using the Investigation Workbench
- Detecting known types of threats
- Monitoring for new types of threats
- Using analytical tools and dashboards
- Analyze user behavior for insider threats
- Use threat intelligence tools
This 13.5-hour module prepares security practitioners to use Splunk Enterprise Security (ES). Students identify and track incidents, analyze security risks, use predictive analytics, and discover threats.
Please note that this course may run over three days, with 4.5 hour sessions each day.