Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Administration (DP0134)
Who should attend
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems.
The NetBackup 7.7: Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on the functionality of NetBackup 7.7 software. This course covers the general principles of using NetBackup to develop and implement a storage management strategy, including how to:
- Configure and operate NetBackup 7.6.1.
- Manage NetBackup using the graphical interfaces, commands, and scripts.
- Provide service protection and recovery.
- Use the NetBackup Activity Monitor, NetBackup reports, and OpsCenter to monitor NetBackup activity.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today’s enterprise computing environments.
- Describe the functions of the master server, media servers, and clients.
- Diagram the NetBackup product architecture.
- Define common terms used in the NetBackup product.
- Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Identify NetBackup options and agents.
- Use the NetBackup Administration Console and OpsCenter.
- Configure and manage basic disk storage units and storage unit groups.
- Configure file system backup policies and schedules.
- Perform manual backups and user-directed backups.
- Restore files using the Java or Windows BAR interface and OpsCenter Operational Restore.
- Monitor NetBackup backup and restore jobs and perform basic troubleshooting and information-gathering steps related to failing jobs.
- Configure and manage AdvancedDisk storage units and disk pools.
- Configure tape-based devices and volume pools; perform a robot inventory.
- Manage robot and tape drive settings, including media sharing.
- Monitor and manage media and media states.
- Configure, run, and manage virtual machine backups using VMware.
- Discuss other supported virtualization methods.
- Recover virtual machines, including using VMware Instant Recovery.
- Use the integrated NetBackup vSphere Web Client Plug-in for VMware.
- Describe the various methods of backup image duplication.
- Configure Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLPs) and initiate jobs that use SLPs.
- Manage the NetBackup catalog to search for, verify, duplicate, import, and expire backup images.
- Back up and recover the NetBackup catalogs.
- Optimize file system backups using incremental backups, True Image Restore, synthetic backups, NetBackup Accelerator, multiple data streams, and multiplexing.
- Identify and use resources for troubleshooting NetBackup, including the NetBackup logging assistant, and tools related to debug logging.
- Introducing NetBackup
- Configuring NetBackup Storage
- Configuring Policies and Schedules
- Performing File System Backups
- Performing File System Restores
- Configuring Disk Pools
- Configuring Media Server Deduplication
- Configuring Tape Storage
- Managing Tape Storage
- Protecting Virtual Machines
- Recovering Virtual Machines
- Duplicating Backups
- Managing and Protecting the NetBackup Catalog
- Optimizing File System Backups
- Collecting Logs and Diagnostic Information
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date