Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.0 for Linux: Administration (HA0412)
Who should attend
This course is for Linux system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff, who will be installing, operating, or integrating InfoScale Availability.
Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Linux systems administration
The Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.0 for Linux: Administration course is designed for the IT professional tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) clusters.
This five day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to use InfoScale Availability to manage applications in a high availability environment. After gaining the fundamental skills that are needed to manage a highly available application in a cluster, you can deploy InfoScale Availability in a lab environment to implement a sample cluster design.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how clustering is used to implement high availability in the data center environment.
- Describe VCS and cluster communication mechanisms.
- Create a cluster, and configure service groups and resources.
- Implement and verify failover and failback capability. for application, storage, and network services.
- Configure and optimize cluster behavior.
- Protect data in a shared storage environment.
- Describe I/O fencing operations, and its implementation.
- Configure VCS to manage an Oracle database and other applications.
- Configure a global cluster environment, including remote clusters, global heartbeats, and global service groups.
- Configure notification and failover behavior in a global cluster.
- High Availability Concepts
- VCS Building Blocks
- VCS Operations
- VCS Configuration Methods
- Preparing Services for VCS
- Online Configuration
- Offline Configuration
- Configuring Notification
- Handling Resource Faults
- Intelligent Monitoring Framework
- Cluster Communications
- Using I/O Fencing for Application Data Integrity
- Clustering Applications
- Clustering Databases
- Global Cluster Architecture and Conceptsing a Global Cluster
- Managing a Global Cluster
- Notification and Failover Behavior in a Global Cluster
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date