The Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.4.2 for UNIX/Linux: Administration course is designed for IT professionals tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas InfoScale Storage environments, including Volume Manager (VxVM), File System (VxFS), Cluster File System (CFS), and InfoScale support for Cloud environments.
This course covers how to use InfoScale Storage to manage disks, disk groups, and volumes using a variety of InfoScale Storage user interfaces, including the Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM) Web console. It also discussed the basics of online file system administration and recovery from disk failures. In addition, the course covers data replication using Veritas File Replicator and Veritas Volume Replicator. The course also describes how to configure Veritas Cluster Volume Manager and Veritas Cluster File System.
Who should attend
This course is designed for UNIX/Linux system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff, who will install, configure, manage and integrate InfoScale Storage.
Knowledge of and hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux systems administration is required.
After the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Install and configure the InfoScale Storage environment.
- Create, configure, and manage disks, disk groups, and volumes.
- Administer file systems and manage components in the VxVM architecture.
- Manage multiple paths to disk devices.
- Identify types of disk failures and how to resolve them.
- Describe concepts and components specific to Veritas Volume Replicator and Veritas File Replicator.
- Configure a CFS cluster according to a specified sample design.
- Configure shared disk groups, shared volumes, and shared file systems.
- Share local disks among systems in a cluster (FSS type storage support).
- Describe InfoScale support for Cloud Environments.
- Describe SmartIO support for FSS type storage in Cloud deployments.
Storage Foundation Basics
- Installing and Licensing InfoScale
- Virtual Objects
- Creating a Volume and File System
- Working with Volumes with Different Layouts
- Making Configuration Changes
- Dynamic Multi-Pathing
- Veritas Dynamic Multi-Pathing for VMware
- Resolving Hardware Problems
Cluster File System
- Installing InfoScale Storage for using Cluster File System
- Cluster Volume Manager
- Cluster File System
- Flexible Storage Sharing
- Disaster Recovery and Replication Overview
- Veritas File Replicator
- Veritas Volume Replicator Components
- Veritas Volume Replicator Operations
- InfoScale support for Cloud environments
- Challenge Lab (Linux)