This course introduces Microsoft 365, an integrated cloud platform that delivers industry-leading productivity apps along with intelligent cloud services, and world-class security. You’ll learn foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing. You will be introduced to Microsoft 365 and learn how Microsoft 365 solutions improve productivity, facilitate collaboration, and optimize communications. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
Who should attend
This course is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational-level knowledge of cloud-based solutions to facilitate productivity and collaboration on-site, at home, or a combination of both. Candidates may have knowledge of cloud-based solutions or may be new to Microsoft 365.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Students do not need to have any experience with Microsoft 365 before taking this course; however, a basic level of familiarity with computer technology and cloud computing is assumed.
Follow On Courses
- Describe cloud computing
- Describe the benefits of using cloud services
- Describe cloud service types
- What is Microsoft 365?
- Describe productivity solutions of Microsoft 365
- Describe collaboration solutions of Microsoft 365
- Describe endpoint modernization, management concepts, and deployment options in Microsoft 365
- Describe analytics capabilities of Microsoft 365
- Describe the function and identity types of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe access management capabilities of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe threat protection with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe the capabilities in Microsoft Sentinel
- Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe Microsoft’s Service Trust portal and privacy capabilities
- Describe Microsoft 365 pricing, licensing, and billing options
- Describe support offerings for Microsoft 365 services