New to the Scaled Agile Framework®? Leading SAFe® offers you an introduction to the foundations of SAFe, and provides the principles and practices to confidently drive your Lean-Agile transformation. The course and resulting certification offer the guidance and tools to build a culture of resiliency and a shared language that engages employees and focuses on customers so that organizations can work with agility at scale.
Take a Leading SAFe course to discover how companies can build business agility, and how to make SAFe work inside your organization. You’ll come away with an understanding of how to align your entire organization around the same clear objectives, and how to improve the flow of value and work from strategy to delivery. You’ll learn what makes companies more customer-centric and how to run key SAFe alignment and planning events, like PI planning.
Languages available: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German
Who should attend
CEO, Program or Project Manager, Scrum Master, Team Lead, Release Train Engineer, Business Analyst, Agile Coach, CIO, Portfolio Manager, Consultant, Engineer, Product Manager, Product Owner, Program Manager, Change Agent, Solution or Systems Architect
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
How to realize the benefits of SAFe, including:
- How to establish Team and Technical Agility and organize around the flow of value
- How to align massive organizations around clear, common objectives
- How to participate successfully in critical SAFe events, such as PI Planning
- How to adopt a customer-centric mindset
- Thriving in the Digital Age with Business Agility
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the Change
- Practicing SAFe
What Attendees Get
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help you prepare to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe® Studio with your first class attendance
- Platform access to e-learning modules and curated members-only content to support your SAFe transformation
- Member discussion forms to engage in ongoing conversations on the SAFe framework or how to better perform as part of an Agile Team
- Curated content-playlists based on your interests and roles, including templated resources and facilitation guides to get you started
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe professional is to attend the Leading SAFe® course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam – or – SAFe® 6 Agilist Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score – 80%
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs US$ 50.—.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. All subsequent retakes require a 30-day wait.